Job Vacancy: Greens/EFA Campaigner on GMOs
The Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a Campaigner on GMOs. The contract is a fixed term contract of two years (contractual agent, function group III). The candidate should be available as soon as possible.
Tasks to be performed:
- Following of the political agenda concerning GMO policies, alerting the group of upcoming issues
- Coordinating campaign issues and strategies with Greens/EFA MEPs and staff from different committees
- Campaigning on moves by the relevant bodies (European Commission, Council, EFSA, national governments etc.) and on specific topics to be defined (PR, campaign material, events etc.), including GMO-related issues, such as cloning
- Networking and coordination with the relevant NGOs on EU and Member State level as well as with Greens in national and regional parliaments
We expect from the candidate:
- Thorough knowledge of GMOs and policy processes concerning GMOs
- Experiences in campaigning, preferably with regard to GMOs
- Very good knowledge of the functioning of the EU and familiarity with the role of the European Parliament
- Very good knowledge of the main actors in the field of GMO policy
- Networking experiences and contacts to relevant NGOs and national and EU movements working on the issue
- Ability and willingness to take initiatives and develop campaign strategies in cooperation with Greens/EFA MEPs
- Willingness to work together with colleagues
- A very good command of English and French; knowledge of other EU languages will be taken into account
In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability to the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
We would particularly welcome applications from minority groups and people with disabilities.
The deadline for the introduction of applications, by email only, is: Friday, 26 of November 2010
Shortlisted candidates will be invited by email for an interview to take place during the course of December in Strasbourg or Brussels.
Please forward your application by email with "Vacancy: GMO campaigner" in the subject line and
with detailed curriculum vitae to:
Joachim DENKINGER, Deputy Secretary General
Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament
Office PHS 2 C 03
B - 1047 Brussels
e-mail : email@example.com
News type: Vacancies